January 15, 2011

NEW Ornamental Corn for 2011

Just ran into this cool-looking ornamental corn while going through the current issue of Greenhouse Grower, so I have to share. Hopefully I'll be able to pick this up this season as I can certainly use it in some of my container plantings around the greenhouse for a completely enticing look.


Ornamental Corn ‘Field of Dreams’.  This new introduction produces variegated green and white with touches of rose, ‘Field of Dreams’ adds color and structure to large combination pots and accents in the
landscape. Plants can reach four to five feet tall and produce ears that are as attractive after the season as the plants were beautiful during the season.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I love it, how do I get it? Massillon Ohio

Ed said...

You'll have to check with your independent garden centers and greenhouses in your area. Don't know if any of them are aware of this new item or not off hand, as not all growers see up and coming NEW items. To ck out a video of it from spring trials you can go to my Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/CircleHGrowers

Anonymous said...

I was given some seeds for "Field of Dreams" to test. When I got the seeds I didn't know what to expect since nothing was out on it. I was hoping it would be an ornamental corn with impressive leaves. It is; the leaves are beautiful.
What a fun plant it turned out to be. Great germination too. Now that I know what to expect I will plant again and feature the plant as a wonderful background plant.
Bob