May 20, 2009

New Coneflowers for 2010

As stated in last nights post I would release a couple of the new echinacea varieties for 2010. Here they are...

Echinacea 'Hot Lava' PPAF PVR
Wide petals of deep orange red tint to a deeper red at the orange cone. Extra petals give this plant a fuller look and the super-strong stems make it a natural for cut flowers.

Echinacea 'Maui Sunshine' PPAF PVR

Large bright yellow flowers, sweetly scented and floriferous. Mature flowers are a soft yellow. Vigorous, well-branched stems are featured on this upright plant. Showy orange cones with green backgrounds (great for cutting and drying).

1 comment:

edstan said...

Hi Ed, i just started collecting echinacea this spring. I am addicted to them already! I would love to get my hands on the Maui Sunshine. Can you help me out? My email is eps125@dejazzd.com