April 27, 2009

Raspberries, Blueberries & Blackberries

Today I received my order of raspberries, blueberries and blackberries from Nourse Farms. This is the first time I've ordered from this company and I have to say I'm completely sold! What I received is the best I've ever received. The raspberries were fantastic. Beautiful, large, heavily rooted stock. There was one that had a cane that seemed about the size of my thumb. It was huge.

This was the first time I've ordered blueberries as well. I wasn't expecting what I received. Large, heavily rooted stock. They were anywhere from about 18" to 30" tall. All I can say is SUPER!

Also ordered in some blackberries that are rated for a zone 4 growing area. So, I'm going to give them a try and see what happens. Would be great if this variety actually works for us here in the rocky mountain west. One never knows, so you have to give things a shot once in awhile.

I've ordered in several batches of raspberries from several companies. I have to say, Nourse puts them all to shame. I will certainly be ordering again. I would encourage others to do the same.

No comments: